Avoid Oven Repair With These Care Tips
The oven is a major appliance in many homes. People use it to cook and bake their food. One of the best ways to avoid expensive oven repair is to care and maintain your oven properly. Here are some care tips you can apply to your oven and help extend its lifespan.
- Clean the interior and exterior of your oven with a clean cloth regularly. Keeping your oven clean inside out will prevent premature rust buildup.
- Unplug your oven especially if you don’t plan to use it all the time. The digital components of your oven like the digital display and electronic circuitry are susceptible to damage caused by electrical sparks, voltage irregularities, lightning and power spikes.
- Always use oven safe containers when baking. Unprescribed containers can break or melt and cause expensive oven repair.
- Some oven owners put aluminum foil on the racks and on the bottom of the oven when baking food. Doing so will cause your oven more harm than good. The aluminum will cause the oven to overheat faster which in turn causes the heating element to burn out prematurely.
- If your oven has a self-cleaning option, run this at least every 6 months.
- Check the gasket annually. If it is hard then it probably leaks limiting your oven’s performance and contributing to high energy bills.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink